Monday, September 11, 2006

Citizen Kane


This was my first time seeing Citizen Kane. In one word it was riveting. Being a movie of such proportion I had heard or seen parts before, but I was not prepared for this experience.
The areas in which I ponder is, of coures, rosebud and Xanadu. Wikipedia explained that the term is now used for people was spend money unwisely. The example was Michael Jackson and his Neverland Ranch. I think this meaning is important for disecting "rosebud." A rich old man dies in his Xanadu thinking about his childhood sled. NO AMOUNT OF MONEY COULD GIVE HIM BACK HIS CHILDHOOD, HIS INNOCENSE! Am I right? Probably not but I can justify it. The first time he says rosebud, cronologically, is when his "singer" leaves him. Nobody really loved him and the one person he believes he loves, or pretends, is gone. Where do we go when everything falls apart.....mom. She sold him. Ouch! The seld was a security blanket. I think that rosebud was his innocense and all he wanted was a life with love. Maybe I'm close to the meaning or maybe I'm off my rocker, but thats what I saw. Anyways, there is no denying how beautiful Citizen Kane is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home