Saturday, October 21, 2006

Somewhere over the rainbow

I have questions. In class we discussed The Wizard of Oz and all the creepy interpertations people come up with. So my question is what is the meaning of the song "Somewhere over the rainbow?" I think it is just a nice song for kids to sing about imagination and endless possiblities. But I have found this song in a disturbing online cartoon. It was in eposide two of Salad Fingers http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/saladfingers.html this cartoon maybe only for those who are already corrupted, use you judgement. I don't know what the purpose of the song is in this cartoon.

On a different note but yet still the same one, a favorite movie of mine is Finding Forrester http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finding_Forrester for a briefing on it. The ending credits have this song playing. It is very sad to listen to. However there is a neat coincidence. Sean Connery plays a writer named William Forrester and Rob Brown plays the young writer who is learning from Forrster and his name is Jamal Wallace. Maybe I am letting my mind make connection that are not intended but could William Forrester was named for William Blake and Jamal Wallace named for Wallace Stevens? If any of you have time to watch it, because I know your busy just like me, let me know what you think. If you can find any other connections let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home